Six Healthy Habits for Your Spine – Take Care of Your Back.
Neck and back pain will plague nearly 99% of us at some point our lifetime. In fact, back pain is the leading cause of work absence and permanent disability. Bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, discs, blood vessels, and nerves all connect to the spine, increasing the complexity of accurate diagnosis
and treatment. Here are six healthy habits for your spine to take care of your back and avoid costly downtime due to neck and back pain.
The Six Healthy Habits for Your Spine:
Posture: Get Vertical
– Your mother knows best. Head upright, shoulders down, chest out, with a slight curvature in the low back will prevent excessive wear and tear and ensure spinal longevity.
Movement: Stand Up
– Avoid sitting or repetitive movement over 30 minutes in duration. Stand up if you’ve been sitting at the computer, or if your job requires repeated movements, try to sit down, rest, or change your movement patterns frequently.
Core: Stay Strong
– Keep the stomach and low back muscles tight and toned to reduce your risk for low back pain.
Diet: Eat Right
– Healthy lifestyle patterns will ensure your body is able to prevent chronic disease and avoid degenerative spinal conditions like arthritis and stenosis.
Weight: Stay Lean
– Maintain a healthy weight
to prevent arthritis in the weight bearing joints of the knees, hips, and low back.
Care: Get Help –
Professional care for neck and back pain will be required in your lifetime. If you want to avoid downtime, costly medication, painful injections, and surgery, take great care of your spine with preventive chiropractic care.
Six Healthy Habit for Your Spine. Support the back supporting you.
These healthy habits are brief but vital to the health and longevity of your neck and back. Adopt these habits and invest a small amount of time everyday in your spine health piggybank. When you’re 95 and walking upright, you’ll be glad you followed these six healthy habits for your spine.
Dr. J. Adam Metzger
Non-surgical Spine Pain Expert, Dr. J. Adam Metzger works to help people overcome neck pain, back pain, and headaches as quickly as possible. Triple Board Certified in Chiropractic Medicine, Physiotherapy, and Acupuncture, Dr. Metzger is focused on accurate diagnosis, individualized treatment plans, and teaching patients how to best care for themselves and their family. For more information visit: https://spinewellnesscincinnati.com/
Six Healthy Habits For Your Spine. Take care of your back