Acupuncturist in Cincinnati, Ohio from Spine and Wellness Cincinnati practitioner team are proficient in the various forms of acupuncture, and have helped many patients find relief for a variety of different ailments. Our practitioners have dedicated their lives to utilizing this ancient practice to help you get the wellness and peace of mind you deserve.
The Healing Effects of Acupuncture
Acupuncture has been used as a method of healing for thousands of years, dating back to 100 B.C. It is known for its versatile healing applications.
What exactly is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a form of ancient Chinese medicine where tiny needles are inserted in the skin at specific, strategic points to help the body heal naturally. It is meant to quickly and accurately address trauma in any place in the body. In fact, acupuncture is recognized by the World Health Organization to be an effective pain relief methodology.
The body’s Qi
Chinese medicine focuses on the body’s Qi – the vital energy that flows throughout your body. The belief is that trama interferes with the flow of qi, and acupuncture is the best way to open up these blocked pathways. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you can create a consistent acupuncture treatment schedule, or you may just need to have a few visits to get your Qi balanced again.
Benefits of acupuncture
Acupuncture practiced by an acupuncturist in Cincinnati, OH from our team has seen success in the treatment of:
- Reducing stress
- Headaches and chronic migraines
- Joint pain and tension
- Reduce eye strain
- Improving immune system function and strength
- Relief from allergies
- Reducing common areas of strain in the body; i.e lower back pain or carpal tunnel
Common areas of the body to use acupuncture
As a Cincinnati, OH acupuncturist can explain, acupuncture has been shown to ease the pain that comes with sinus, cluster, tension, and pain related headaches. There are acupuncture points to help different types of headaches:
- The point on top of your nose directly in between your eyebrows can work wonders in relieving sinus pressure and congestion.
- The bone right on top of the eye, where your eyebrow is, can be pressed for relief from pain in the front of the head.
- At the base of your neck and skull, place your fingers about an inch apart. This area can improve eye fuzziness, migraine fatigue, and overall migraine pain.
Your neck deserves some love — because of its location, it can easily harbor stress and pain. These points are used during acupuncture therapy:
- Located right under the ear at the base of the neck, this area is used for relief from throat pain, headaches, and overall pain in the neck.
- Right behind your ear, you will feel a depression. When touched, this point eases neck pain, shoulder strain, and dizziness.
The shoulders take the brunt of bad sleep posture, bad posture in general, and stress. To relieve these stressors, an acupuncturist in Cincinnati, OH might use this treatment on:
- At the highest point of the shoulder muscle, almost on the top of your shoulders, is great for treatment of overall shoulder pain.
- The highest point of the arm, where the arm meets the shoulder, is a joint that can be used to alleviate pain if you cannot raise your arms over your head.
Acupuncture practiced by a skilled acupuncturist in Cincinnati, OH is a great treatment if you have been a victim of personal injury. As you can see, the versatility offered by acupuncture can help you to live a happy and health life, in an ancient, holistic way. For more information, contact the Spine and Wellness Cincinnati today.