Injuries of the neck often lead to patients seek chiropractic care from our Cincinnati, OH chiropractor at Spine and Wellness Cincinnati. The cervical spine (neck) starts at the bottom of the skull and entails seven vertebrae. The cervical spine is responsible for supporting the weight of our head and enables us to move it in every direction. Those who deal with chronic neck pain may find themselves feeling depressed, frustrated, and distressed that they haven’t been able to experience relief. If this sounds like you or someone you love, then please reach out for chiropractic care in Cincinnati, OH today for more information.
Causes of Neck Pain
The neck is vulnerable to injury when it goes through extended sitting, accidents, whiplash, everyday wear, and repeating movements. Neck pain can be very painful and interfere with a person’s ability to go about their daily lives. The most common reasons patients require chiropractic care in Cincinnati, Ohio for neck pain includes:
- Injury Accidents: an abrupt force or movement of the head/neck can cause whiplash, where the neck rebounds and overextends in the opposite direction. The whipping motion results in the muscles and tissues around the neck to tighten, leading to stiffness and pain.
- Aging: certain conditions like degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and osteoarthritis can contribute to neck pain.
- Daily Use: being overweight, practicing poor posture, and weak abdomen muscles can interfere with the balance of the spine, causing the neck to curve forward in order to compensate.
- Stress/Emotions: those who deal with heavy amounts of stress and emotional ups and downs can cause the neck muscles to stiffen and contract. Cincinnati, OH chiropractic care at Spine and Wellness Cincinnati may provide stress reduction techniques as a way to help combat everyday stressors.
Your First Visit
If you are new to our clinic, then the first step will be learning more about you and your symptoms. We may also inquire about any past and current medical conditions, to help us determine the cause of your neck pain. It’s important when receiving chiropractic care in Cincinnati, Ohio that you let our staff know of any remedies that you have already tried, so we can create a treatment plan that best suits your needs. Examples of questions a chiropractor at Spin and Wellness Cincinnati may ask during a consultation include:
- When did the pain first begin?
- What types of at-home care have you tried?
- Is the pain sharp or a dull ache?
- What activities make the pain worse?
- Does the pain travel to other parts of your body?
After spending a few minutes getting to know you better, our chiropractor may then ask you to stand, sit, or lay down in order to observe your posture, spinal alignment, and physical condition before administering chiropractic care in our Cincinnati, OH office. Depending on your history, we may do a brief neurological exam to test your nerves, pain spread, and reflexes.
At Spine and Wellness Cincinnati, we understand just how much neck pain can cause interruptions in your daily life. We have been dedicated to helping patients achieve the relief they are in need of. We hope to hear from you today. Don’t hesitate to contact our chiropractor based in Cincinnati, OH to ask any questions you have and book a consultation.