Functional Medicine Cincinnati, OH
As a leading doctor in the city, I’m often asked by patients, “How is Functional
Medicine in Cincinnati, OH different than going to see my primary care provider
or other doctors?”
According to The Institute for Functional Medicine, “Functional Medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual.” This means the best Doctors of Functional Medicine Cincinnati, OH has to offer will assess and treat your health problems differently than your traditional physician.
stress, and addictions seem to be plaguing everyone living in a modern society.
Addicted to sugar, caffeine, and cell phones, surrounded by toxic chemicals, and
stressed to the max, the human body has never before dealt with so many health
taxing challenges. Each of these can be a cause and an effect, a trigger and a
mediator. All three are fundamental underlying causes of chronic disease,
obesity, and early death. The best functional medicine doctors in Cincinnati,
OH know how to restore balance to your body’s systems and will guide you from
chronic stress and illness to peak health and lasting wellness.
stress can aggravate chronic pain and trigger other negative states of physical
and emotional pain. The link between unmanaged stress and addictions can no
longer be ignored. The link between chronic pain and drug addiction is now well
known. At Spine Wellness Cincinnati, our experienced team provides cutting-edge
Functional Medicine in Cincinnati, OH to help reverse the modern drivers of
Our Cincinnati Functional Medicine Doctors Can
medicine focuses on the underlying cause, prevention and treatment of chronic
disease. Eating a balanced diet, exercising and taking a multivitamin is simply
not enough. Each person’s body is unique in its own way. Due to the complexity
of the human body, an individualized healthcare approach is the only way to
guarantee optimal results.
body is a delicate balancing act between interrelated systems. Stress, family,
genes, environment, toxins, diet, lifestyle, medication, and exercise can affect
hormone levels, neurotransmitters, nutritional status, and inflammation in the
body. When this internal balancing act is thrown off, our bodies respond with
symptoms, illness and disease. By working to restore balance among your body’s
systems, the team at Spine and Wellness Cincinnati can help you move from
chronic illness toward lasting wellness.
Why do we need Functional Medicine?
- Our society is experiencing a sharp increase in the number of people who suffer from complex, chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, mental illness, and autoimmune disorders.
- The system of medicine practiced by most physicians is oriented towards acute care or symptom management. Physicians apply specific, prescribed treatments such as drugs or surgery that aim to treat the immediate problem or symptom.
- Unfortunately, the symptom management approach to medicine lacks the proper methodology and tools for preventing and treating complex, chronic disease much less achieving optimal health. In most cases it does not take into account the unique genetic makeup of each individual or factors such as environmental exposures to toxins and the other aspects of today’s lifestyle that have a direct influence on the rise in chronic disease in modern Western society.
- Most physicians are not adequately trained to assess the underlying causes of complex, chronic disease and to apply strategies to treat and prevent these illnesses in their patients while helping them to achieve their optimal health.
How is Functional Medicine Different?
Functional medicine involves understanding the origins, prevention, and treatment of complex, chronic disease. Hallmarks of a functional medicine approach include:
- Patient-centered care. The focus of functional medicine is on patient-centered care, promoting optimal health beyond just the absence of disease. By listening to the patient and learning his or her story, the practitioner brings the patient into the discovery process and tailors treatments that address the individual’s unique needs.
- An integrative, science-based healthcare approach. Functional medicine practitioners consider the complex web of interactions in the patient’s history, physiology, and lifestyle that can lead to illness. The unique genetic makeup of each patient is considered, along with both internal (mind, body and spirit) and external (physical, social and environmental) factors that affect total functioning.
- Integrating best medical practices. Functional medicine integrates traditional Western medical practices with “integrative” medicine, creating a focus on prevention. Data is obtained through the use of the latest laboratory testing and other diagnostic techniques. A comprehensive plan is then prescribed for the individual patient which may include hormonal balancing, medications, botanicals, supplements, therapeutic diets, detoxification programs, and stress-management techniques.
You Deserve the Best Functional Medicine Cincinnati, OH Has to Offer! Don’t let yourself or your loved ones suffer with chronic health problems. Spine Wellness Cincinnati is dedicated to making sure you achieve a peak state of health with the best functional medicine Cincinnati, OH has to offer. From beginning to end, our skilled team will work with you to make sure you understand every step of the journey back to peak health. We empathize with the pain and suffering you’re going through and will work tirelessly to make sure you achieve your health goals. Don’t settle for just any Cincinnati, OH functional medicine doctor. Your quality of life and livelihood is more important than that. You deserve to have someone experienced and passionate guiding you on your health journey. The top-notch functional medicine doctor Cincinnati, OH deserves is just a phone call away; contact us at Spine Wellness Cincinnati today!